Owners of vehicles without an environmental sticker who are on low incomes may apply for inclusion on the Register and obtain temporary authorisation to drive in the low emissions zones.
The applicant must be a natural person who owns the vehicle and must provide proof that their annual income is less than twice the IPREM (public multiple effect income indicator), increased in line with the number of members of the family unit, if applicable, as indicated below:
|Family unit||Annual income|
|1 person||Less than 2 times the IPREM|
|2 persons||Less than 2.5 times the IPREM|
|3 persons||Less than 2.9 times the IPREM|
|4 persons||Less than 3.3 times the IPREM|
|5 persons||Less than 3.7 times the IPREM|
|6 persons or more||Less than 4 times the IPREM|
The family unit is understood to consist of the applicant, the spouse or the person with whom they maintain a similar affective relationship and persons under 25 years of age.
For the purpose of calculating income, the gross annual income of the applicant and, where applicable, the spouse or civil partner for the year preceding the current year shall be taken into account.
Only one vehicle may be registered by the same applicant and authorisations are not transferable to other vehicles.
Interested parties must apply for the inclusion of their vehicles on the Register. Once the requirements have been validated, the applicant will be notified that the vehicle has been included on the Register and will then have temporary authorisation to drive within the low emissions zones.
By internet, using digital identification:
Fill in the registration request form available on this website.
Attach the documents.
Sign the request form electronically and send it. Click here to consult the accepted forms of digital identification.
By traditional Post Office mail:
The vehicle owner has to fill out and sign the application form.
Sign it and enclose any required documents.
Send the application by postal service to:
Registre d'autoritzacions ZBE
Departament de parc mòbil
Àrea Metropolitana de Barcelona
C/ 62, núm. 16-18, Zona Franca
08040 Barcelona (Spain)
Metropolitan OAC Office: Carrer 60, núm. 19 Floor Level, Zona Franca, 08040 Barcelona.
(Business days, Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 14:00).
By appointment only. Check here
Inclusion of the vehicle in the Register requires the presentation of:
• Signed application on an official form (in person, by post or online).
• Documentation to justify the family unit, if applicable: the family book, birth certificate or document accrediting guardianship or foster care of minors.
The signature of the spouse or civil partner is also required to accredit their income.
If consultation with other government authorities is permitted and such consultation is satisfactory, no further documentation is required. If the consultation is refused, or current data differs from the last tax return, the applicant must submit a copy of the following additional documentation:
• ID document (national identity document -DNI-, foreigner identity number -NIE-, passport) of the applicant and spouse or civil partner, if applicable.
• Vehicle registration certificate.
• Last income tax return or certificate of no income of the applicant and spouse or civil partner, if applicable.
• Last pay slip (if different from the last tax return) of the applicant and spouse or civil partner, if applicable.
• Unemployment benefit or benefit for the over-52s of the applicant and spouse or civil partner, if applicable.
• Certificate of welfare benefits (whether received or not) for the applicant and spouse or civil partner, if applicable.
• If your marital status has changed since your last tax return, a copy of the family record book, court separation or divorce decree, or death certificate must be submitted.
A ruling on the vehicle registration (accepted, refused or incomplete) will be issued within 15 working days of the application. During this period, for as long as confirmation of registration has not been received, the vehicle will not be registered and will not be exempted from the driving restrictions.
The authorisation is valid for one year and may be renewed annually.
There is no fee for this procedure.
Regulation of the Metropolitan Register of Foreign Vehicles and Other Authorised Vehicles in the Low Emissions Zones.